AKRON, Ohio, Nov. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- A. Schulman, Inc. (Nasdaq SHLM), a leading supplier of additive masterbatches and color concentrates will feature an integrated range of materials and services for flexible and rigid packaging at PACK EXPO International, November 6-9, 2016, in Chicago. A. Schulman will be located in Booth 6068, North Building, at McCormick Place.
The Company's masterbatch and color concentrates teams are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of the packaging industry and to helping customers differentiate their products.
"A. Schulman is focused on driving technical advancements and customer growth opportunities in the packaging industry," said Frank Roederer, A. Schulman's senior vice president and general manager, United States and Canada and Engineered Composites. "We have the size, scale and know-how to solve big challenges for customers and enable them to improve their products' performance, aesthetics, processing and speed to market."
The Company's highlights at PACK EXPO will address the current packaging trends:
- Product Protection and Extended Shelf Life:
- Experimental developments with polymeric barrier compounds to manage gas transmission and reduce moisture sensitivity of EVOH
- New PE antifog which offers efficient cold and hot fog performance combined with reduction in coefficient of friction
- Resin modifiers to improve moisture barrier in polyethylene and polypropylene films
- Consumer Engagement:
- Easy pour technology - customized release properties to improve liquid evacuation in pouches
- Specialty masterbatches to add texture and change the feel of polyolefin films
- Branding and Visual Impact:
- Be Color!™ color trending program featuring the next generation 2017/2018 color forecasts for the packaging industry
- Papermatch® and DUL matte compounds impart natural aesthetics to multilayer packaging films
- Evolving and Growing with Industry Trends:
- Investment in PET line at the Company's Akron, OH facility to launch a line of PET masterbatches for film and sheet
- Plant upgrades and expansions in La Porte, Texas facility to improve supply and capacity of white and high clarity antiblocks for polyethylene films
"Our investments in technical capabilities, new products and services, and an expanded manufacturing capacity and footprint are a direct result of our focus on serving the regional packaging market," Roederer added. "We are well-positioned to be a go-to, value-added supplier for innovative packaging manufacturers in North America and elsewhere."
About A. Schulman, Inc.
A. Schulman, Inc. is a leading international supplier of high-performance plastic compounds and resins headquartered in Akron, Ohio. Since 1928, the Company has been providing innovative solutions to meet its customers' demanding requirements. The Company's customers span a wide range of markets such as packaging, mobility, building & construction, electronics & electrical, agriculture, personal care & hygiene, sports, leisure & home, custom services and others. The Company employs approximately 4,800 people and has 54 manufacturing facilities globally. A. Schulman reported net sales of approximately $2.5 billion for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2016. Additional information about A. Schulman can be found at
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/a-schulman-to-exhibit-at-pack-expo-international-to-feature-new-materials-and-capabilities-for-flexible-and-rigid-packaging-300356077.html
SOURCE A. Schulman, Inc.